Pelvision Feminaform: Vaginal dilator set
Wallet of 4 pads, very easy to use
From 2 Set: Price 88 CHF
From 3 Set: Price 87 CHF
From 4 Set: Price 86 CHF
Producer / Brand
- You are not the only one with a vaginal condition. Many thousands of women have similar problems. The causes may be varied but for all women the symptoms are very unpleasant and often difficult to talk about. The vaginal dilator set is an effective device that will help you deal with your problems in a practical and discrete manner.
The vaginal dilator set can provide a great deal of relief from the symptoms of many medical conditions that affect the vagina. The dilator set is recommended for women with medical conditions that result from an operation or radiotherapy. Other grounds for using this device can include muscle tension or spasms. It is also possible to use the dilator set if the vagina is not properly formed.
The vaginal dilator set can be an effective aid when you experience pain or a burning sensation during intercourse or when you cannot have sexual intercourse. You can also use the Feminaform if you experience problems during gynaecological examinations or when inserting tampons.
Conditions that can be helped by using the Feminaform
The vaginal dilator set can provide a great deal of relief from the symptoms of many medical conditions that affect the vagina. The dilator set is recommended for women that suffer from vaginal constriction caused by excessive muscle tone, a spasm or scar tissue. It is also possible to use the dilator set if the vagina is not properly formed. Conditions that can be resolved by using the Feminaform are:
• Vaginal stenosis after radiotherapy or surgery
• Vaginal agenesis
• Lichen sclerosis
- Safe shopping: You can pay with invoice. Postage per Package within Switzerland: Economy 6.90 CHF, Priority 11.90 CHF.The Feminaform is very easy to use. You can use it in the privacy of your own home and it takes just a few minutes each day. When you use the dilator try and find a technique that feels comfortable.
Your treatment provider has probably given you a Feminaform exercise programme related to your condition. You should adhere to this programme.
The minimum you need to exercise with the vaginal dilator set are the dilators, the handle, the lubricant and a towel. Wash your hands before you start. Lay the towel on a bed or settee, then lie down and make yourself comfortable. A small cushion under your hips may be helpful. It is important that you relax, in particular the muscles in your groin and lower abdomen. It can be helpful to use relaxation techniques in advance such as taking a warm bath or playing relaxing music.
A practical therapy position is to lie down with cushions in your back. Bend your knees to approximately 45 degrees and spread your legs so that your feet are separated by the width of your hips. Do not place your knees any further apart than is necessary to enable you to place your hand between them. A frequently made error when using a dilator is to spread your knees as wide as possible. However this makes it more difficult to insert the dilator because it will increase muscle tension. If you cannot reach your vagina properly, do not pull yourself up by tensing your abdominal muscles but instead support your neck and back with more cushions. An alternative position is to stand with one foot on a moderately elevated platform, as you would when inserting a tampon. Then try to relax.
Apply lubrication to the dilator that you will be starting with. If too much lubricant is scrapped off when inserting the dilator into the vagina opening, you can also apply lubricant directly into the vagina. Insert the dilator.
You will apply more or less pressure, depending on the condition for which you are using the Feminaform. In the case of vaginismus conditions, you can perform contraction and relaxation exercises after the dilator has been inserted. Rotate the dilator during the exercises to maintain or form a good vaginal cavity. You should adhere to the exercise programme prescribed to you by your pelvic therapist, gynaecologist or sexologist.
After completing the exercises, clean the vaginal dilator set with warm water and a mild soap and then dry the set properly.
We recommend that you use the Feminaform on the advice or indication of a doctor or therapist. Depending on your condition, your doctor or therapist can instruct you how to use the vaginal dilator set.
With conditions such as dyspareunia or vaginismus, using the vaginal dilator set without professional guidance or an exercising programme can be much less effective or even frustrating.
Whether the Feminaform is reimbursed by your health insurance policy depends on the insurance company you use. To be considered for reimbursement, you must submit to your health insurance company the invoice you receive from us together with the prescription from your attending physician or therapist.
- Package content
- Delivery time according to the information above to Aargau, Appenzell, Appenzell, Basel, Bern, Freiburg, Geneva, Glarus, Graubünden, Jura, Liechtenstein, Luzern, Neuenburg, Nidwalden, Obwalden, Sankt Gallen, Schaffhausen, Schwyz, Solothurn, Thurgau, Tessin, Uri, Wallis, Waadt, Zug, Zurich.A vaginal dilator set consists of a case containing four dilators of varying diameters, a universal handle, a lubricant starter pack and a manual.
A dilator is a smooth plastic cylinder with a round tip that can be used to stretch the vagina opening and increase its suppleness. The dilator is slightly tapered with the diameter at the handle of a given dilator being slightly larger than the diameter at the tip of the dilator one size up. This makes the transition to a larger dilator more comfortable. The universal handle can be attached to the dilator you wish to use by using a turn and click action.
The dilator measurements
The measurements are:
size 1, largest functional diameter 22 mm, length 85 mm
size 2, largest functional diameter 27 mm, length 105 mm
size 3, largest functional diameter 32 mm, length 135 mm
size 4, largest functional diameter 37 mm, length 160 mm
- Technical specification
- The Feminaform dilators are made of medical-grade plastic. The dilators are manufactured using injection moulding in a monitored, clean room process. They are non-toxic and latex-free. The Feminaform is a CE certified product.
• Color: transparent
- Customer feedback and frequently asked questions
- If the hymen is still intact, will it be broken by using the dilators? And will it hurt?
When a woman becomes physically mature, during her late teens, the hymen is a very thin, elastic membrane. This membrane can separate or disappear. If a woman has an intact hymen before the dilator is inserted, the membrane can stretch around it or become partially or fully detached, which can also happen when using tampons. The hymen has few nerve endings, so when the membrane becomes detached it generally involves little or no pain. The remnants of the membrane remain attached to the side of the vagina. Part of the hymen generally remains attached, even after sexual intercourse. A small haemorrhage can occur when part of the hymen becomes detached. This does not last for long and generally does not hurt.
- Other interesting products